A Louisiana Recipe: Crawfish Etoufee
- 2 lb. crawfish
- 1 stick butter
- 1 c. onions, chopped
- 1/2 c. shallots
- 1/2 c. celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. green pepper, diced
- 1 T. flour
- 1 small can tomato sauce ( 8 oz.)
- 2 c. water
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce
- Cayenne pepper
- Saute vegetables in butter until tender.
- Add garlic and cook one minute more; do not burn.
- Add flour and stir until golden brown.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Stir in water and crawfish; simmer 10 minutes or until crawfish are tender.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne.
- Cook slowly 10-15 minutes more.
- Serve over cooked rice.
- Serves 4-6