A Louisiana Recipe: Crawfish Etouffee
- 2 lb. crawfish
- 1 stick butter
- 1 c. onions, chopped
- 1/2 c. shallots
- 1/2 c. celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. green pepper, diced
- 1 T. flour
- 1 small can tomato sauce ( 8 oz.)
- 2 c. water
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce
- Cayenne pepper
- Saute vegetables in butter until tender.
- Add garlic and cook one minute more; do not burn.
- Add flour and stir until golden brown.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Stir in water and crawfish; simmer 10 minutes or until crawfish are tender.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne.
- Cook slowly 10-15 minutes more.
- Serve over cooked rice.
- Serves 4-6
Video on How to Make Crawfish Etouffee
YouTube video from Louisiana Travel
Other Crawfish Etouffee Recipes
We typically cook with the recipe we have listed above. But at times we use others ... here are a few of our favorites:
|About These Products
The WeLoveCrawfish website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Amazon offers a commission on products sold through their affiliate links. There is no additional cost to you.