Crawfish Suppliers in Texas
In Texas, boiling and eating crawfish is a long standing family tradition. We eat crawfish at places besides the home, whether it be in restaurants, family reunions, football games, or at company gatherings.
Crawfish Suppliers in Texas
There are a number of crawfish outlets, seafood markets, crawfish farms and caterers selling live and boiled crawfish in Texas, from Beaumont to Houston to Dallas, and in between. Some offer local delivery, while others provide delivery only in designated metropolitan areas. And some offer pickup only.
Texas is the next most productive crawfish supplier after Louisiana. There are seven large producers with 100-300 acres of capacity each, mostly in southeast Texas between Beaumont and Houston. Small-scale producers are entering the market as an opportunity for supplemental income as crawfish demand grows.
We highly recommend you check out each supplier carefully, and contact them personally, to determine their current services, pricing, policies, and guarantees before placing orders.
NOTE: We have no relationship with these suppliers, and do not specifically recommend any one. Their names are provided only as a reference point to begin your crawfish shopping!
There are too many vendors to list, but here are a few to start your crawfish search.
- TexasCrawfish.com - Southeast Texas Crawfish Farm, located in Hamshire, TX, about 20 miles southwest of Beaumont. Call 409.794.1377 to place an order. Pickup only.
- CajunCrawfishCo.com - Cajun Crawfish Company, Lewisville-Dallas area. Catering and local sales in the DFW metro area. Been in business over 19 years, and sold over 146,000 pounds of crawfish in 2017.
- CajunGourmetCrawfish.com - Cajun Gourmet Crawfish Wholesaler. Selling live Louisiana crawfish to Houston and the surrounding areas since 1989.
- HEB.com - HEB sells millions of pounds of Louisiana crawfish each year.
- GoCrawfish.com - Houston and Austin areas. They bring the freshest crawfish and seafood in Louisiana and deliver it to their customers.
- CayenneKevin.com - Cajun catering and live crawfish sales in San Antonio for 15 years.
- TheCrawfishCo.com - Located in Cooper, Texas. The company sells live crawfish and boiled crawfish at various events as well as on the weekends. Cajun catering and crawfish boils to meet anyone’s needs. Also ask about their Cajun fish fries, boiled shrimp, fund raisers and private parties. Phone 903.217.4815 or visit TheCrawfishCo on Facebook
Live Texas crawfish!
Where to Buy Crawfish in the Upper East Texas and Tyler Area
A number of seafood markets and outlets offer live crawfish for sale in Tyler and East Texas during the crawfish season in the spring.
Several Tyler restaurants such as Razzoo's Cajun Cafe' offer crawfish meals, and boiled crawfish, in season. Also, some supermarkets such as Brookshires offer boiled crawfish by the pound in season.
Where ever you plan to purchase your live crawfish, always call ahead for information, pricing, availability, and possible reservations.
In the spring of 2023 and prior years, we have purchased live, and boiled, crawfish from Wade's Place on East Main Street in Chandler. We've met Wade, and he runs a great seafood restaurant also, serving boiled crawfish, crawfish etouffee, shrimp, fried catfish, gumbo, hand-cut rib-eye steaks, burgers, salads and much more. Phone 903.849.2729. They are located at the railroad tracks just a block south of Highway 31.
Included with the boiled crawfish at Wade's were boiled potatoes and corn on the cob. The service at Wade's is always friendly and efficient!
We've also been pleased with the live crawfish we've purchased by the sack from Rodney Murphy's Circle M Crawfish in Big Sandy, on Highway 155 just south of U.S. 80. Rodney has been selling crawfish for over 18 years. The facility is also known as "Rodney's", or "the Crawfish Stand". Rodney also operates a restaurant, and its menu includes crawfish, shrimp, alligator, boudin, along with choice steaks and other items. Live music is often featured Thursday-Saturday evenings with a family friendly atmosphere.
Caddo Creek Crawfish Farm is a 63-acre facility near Frankston. Customers can call no later than Wednesday or Thursday to order how many crawfish they want that weekend and pick them up on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. It is located at 2189 County Road 320 in Frankston. Call Mr. Yeager at 903.876.3083 for details and more information.
Just East of Texas ... Some Leading Louisiana Crawfish Suppliers
- CajunGrocery.com - Lafayette, Louisiana - live crawfish, turducken, King Cakes, kitchen ware, Cajun books, and more
- Louisiana Crawfish Company: Family owned & operated since 1985 - largest shipper of Louisiana crawfish
- CajunCrawfish.com ... run by Mike & Mark Fruge in Branch, Louisiana, near Lafayette
- Kyle LeBlanc Crawfish Farms, since 1990, in Raceland, Louisiana
- Crawfish.com ... live crawfish and cooking supplies
We recommend you speak with any crawfish supplier or distributor regarding availability, pricing, shipping options, guarantees, and freshness before placing your order.
Hot and juicy freshly boiled Texas crawfish!
|TEXAS CRAWFISH IN THE NEWS|
It’s huge here | Crawfish season officially underway in Houston
East Texas seafood restaurants gear up for crawfish season
Growing appetite for crawfish has Texas rice farmers hooked
It's Crawfish Season in East Texas: Good crawfish and good times are the ingredients for success at Circle M in Big Sandy
10 San Antonio restuaurants to east crawfish this season
Crawfish cravings as spring time comes
H-E-B opens True Texas Boil House for Houston seafood fans
Strap on your plastic bib, start pigging out - It's crawfish time
A Louisiana girl's guide to crawfish in Houston
Popular Travel Destinations & Vacations in Texas