A Louisiana Recipe: Crawfish Pie
- 2 lb. crawfish, peeled
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. onions, chopped
- 1/2 c. celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 2 T. cornstarch
- green onions
- cayenne pepper
- Double pie crust for 9" pan
- Season crawfish with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Saute onion and celery in oil until tender.
- Add crawfish meat; cook 20 minutes. NOTE: if crawfish are frozen, add to mixture after cornstarch and water are added.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and add to vegetables and crawfish. If crawfish are frozen, add them now. Stir until thickened.
- Add green onions and parsley as desired.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Place in bottom pie crust and cover with top crust. Cut slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 300 and bake 12-15 minutes more until golden brown.
- This recipe yields one 9" pie; serves 6-8.
Other Crawfish Pie Recipes
We typically cook with the crawfish pie recipe we have listed above. But at times we use others ... here are a few of our favorites: